Like Us on Facebook.... Something that we see branded on business cards, store fronts, market stalls and even on cars on a daily basis. Businesses are being pro-active trying to cover all areas of marketing their business by using social media... but what is in it for us as users? Why should we like you on facebook?
Today I had a discussion with a facebook user who put across some very valid points, that I myself notice on a daily basis for business reasons, but one's that I havent heard socia media users voice honestly before. The facebook user said that she was quite honestly sick of looking up business pages on Facebook that have asked her to "like" their page or whose information she has found through other resources, only to find that the Facebook business page was very limited without any information at all on the business itself.
Sadly this is very common and dissapointing for users. Fed up with coming across social media pages with little or no information, users are unliking the page or hiding it from their newsfeeds.
Things to remember as a business page owner for your social media sites:
1. Can Users find all of your contact information including address, phone and email?
2. Is there a concise description on what your business services are, or what products you stock and are your photos up to date?
3. Are your prices listed if you have stock for sale, and do you offer postage, where do users find this information and how will they know how to order?
4. Do you respond to questions on feedback on your social media page or do you ignore those how have taken the time to ask you a question, respond to one of your posts or leave a comment?
5. Most importantly Treat your facebook or social media page like a store front, ensure it is attractive, informative and most of all not empty!
Im off to check on my own page now and take a little of my own advice...
Facebook has just unveiled the new Sceduling Option for Posts in Pages. No more using a seperate program that doesn't allow tagging! This is a fantastic option for page owners and the options are endless. Schedule posts will be ideal when you are going to be away or out of the office, you can program them in advance.
Go to the Status Section, write your posts, including tags. Click on the little clock in the bottom left hand corner and then add the desired date and time of your post. The Post button then changes to Schedule and you are right to go!
Need any more information... send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Bird Internet Marketing & Social Media.
Enter your email to receive our latest Free Marketing Tips!
Judi Gray is the Owner Operator of Blue Bird Internet Marketing and has been assisting small Businesses with their online profiles since 2011.