Like Us on Facebook.... Something that we see branded on business cards, store fronts, market stalls and even on cars on a daily basis. Businesses are being pro-active trying to cover all areas of marketing their business by using social media... but what is in it for us as users? Why should we like you on facebook?
Today I had a discussion with a facebook user who put across some very valid points, that I myself notice on a daily basis for business reasons, but one's that I havent heard socia media users voice honestly before. The facebook user said that she was quite honestly sick of looking up business pages on Facebook that have asked her to "like" their page or whose information she has found through other resources, only to find that the Facebook business page was very limited without any information at all on the business itself.
Sadly this is very common and dissapointing for users. Fed up with coming across social media pages with little or no information, users are unliking the page or hiding it from their newsfeeds.
Things to remember as a business page owner for your social media sites:
1. Can Users find all of your contact information including address, phone and email?
2. Is there a concise description on what your business services are, or what products you stock and are your photos up to date?
3. Are your prices listed if you have stock for sale, and do you offer postage, where do users find this information and how will they know how to order?
4. Do you respond to questions on feedback on your social media page or do you ignore those how have taken the time to ask you a question, respond to one of your posts or leave a comment?
5. Most importantly Treat your facebook or social media page like a store front, ensure it is attractive, informative and most of all not empty!
Im off to check on my own page now and take a little of my own advice...
Enter your Email to receive our latest Marketing Tips!
Judi Gray is the Owner Operator of Blue Bird Internet Marketing and has been assisting small Businesses with their online profiles since 2011.