1. Sign Up To Tweet. If You haven't allready signed up for a Twitter Account. Visit www.twitter.com/signup to get started. Enter your details where provided, Full Name, Email, Password and a Username. The username is what you want your twitter account to be called. E.g, ours is bluebirdim (www.twitter.com/bluebirdim).
2. Search For Your Friends. In the top right hand corner you will see a search box. You can search for your friends here either by their full name of their username if you know it. Then Click Follow once you find who you are looking for. Depending on your friend's settings, you will either become a follower straight away or a request for approval will be sent to the friend.
3. Where To Write Your Tweet. Click on the Home Page, located on the top left hand side of your screen. You will then see your username details on the top left hand side. Underneath this there is a section that says Compose New Message. Click in this box and type away. Twitter only allows 140 characters in its tweets, so keep it short!
4. How To Use the @ Sign. To Make mention of your twitter friends or someone you follow in one of your tweets simply press the @ symbol before typing their username. The user will then see your tweet in their mention's list, pretty much the same way that tagging works in Facebook.
5. How to ReTweet (RT). Have you seen a tweet that you love or want to use yourself? Twitter fully allows this and it is called re-tweeting. Simply copy and past the tweet but type RT@username before the tweet to give the original writter credit for their content. Then post to your page.
6. Share Pictures on Twitter. Twitter is more about text than pictures, but it recently changed its picture uploading option so it is simpler to use. (See HERE for our previous blogger post on this). To upload a picture to twitter, simply go to the Home Page and click on Compose New Tweet (located on the top left just under your username details). When you click in this box it gives you the usual option of writting text, but below the text box you will see a small camera icon. Click on this to add an image, select your image from your computer and then click on the Tweet Button.
Stay Tuned for more Twitter Tips coming up on the blog very soon.
Until Next Time...
Enter your email to receive our latest Free Marketing Tips!
Judi Gray is the Owner Operator of Blue Bird Internet Marketing and has been assisting small Businesses with their online profiles since 2011.